Thursday, June 16, 2005

In response to Recycle Raga..

I remember facing "Things come a full circle" as a topic for my GD in the third year of my engineering . I spoke against the topic just because there was majority of junta speaking in favour of the topic and I intended to sound a little different . I did not realise the amount of gravity this phrase has till I read Gladwell's Tipping Point and I saw the way metreologists across the country are trying to drive home the India Inc that Monsoons in India follow a sine curve that is they are regular one year and irregular the other and really I have come to believe that things do come a full circle.

Be it Food , Music or Fashion . You have to see it to believe it. And the Calcutta of 60's in Parineeta really rocks!!

And so I dont agree with "old is not gold" .Old is gold and will always remains so . The way the old songs are being re-mixed and are being picked by gen next , the way my sister or you would have taken out those old short kurtis of my or your mother , the nose ring et al.

Things come a full circle .Everything follows a sine curve ; what goes up must come down.
It's just that the wine gets better with the age ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home